What are some good thank you gift ideas?...

...My family and I are moving out of our neighborhood at the end of the month. Our neighbors have been wonderful friends during our time here, and I wanted to get them a gift to thank them for everything. Ideas can be for the whole family, or just the lady of the house. There are two sets of families, one with husband, wife and an 11 month old baby boy, and one with husband, wife, and two boys, one adolescent, one pre-adolescent. Thanks for your help!
While a framed picture of our families together would be a wonderful idea, we don't have any such pictures. And as for the thank you card, that's a given, I just thought that a nice gift would be the icing on the cake. And I know it's not very "Martha Stewart" of me, but I just don't care to make things. I don't have the time.

(question posted on 2006-08-08 20:07:48)

"Why not incorporate both into one - get a babysitter for the kids, and take both couples out for a thankyou meal - that way you can keep it as a neigbourly group thing to do, and take photos of the six of you enjoying yourselves while you are out - a framed copy of the best pic for all three households will hold more meaning than any store-bought item, and you all get a night out to remember!"
(chosen answer)

Category: Friends_

0 comments: